Since I’ve been writing travel posts lately I thought I’d dig up a photo from another trip. Any guesses where this was?
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it!
If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
What’s good around the web?
1. I think this is a great approach to teaching kids (and bigger people!) about balanced eating. We must learn to differentiate between healthy foods and treats without getting trapped eating middle of the road foods too often.
2. I love me some Nutella once in a while, and I’m fully aware that it is a treat. Frankly I think this lawsuit is a little ridiculous. What do you think?
3. We’ve talked about what dietary fiber is and why it’s such an important part of a healthy diet before. This article is a great resource with a list of high fiber foods you can include in your diet.
4. Wendell Berry, a champion of the real food movement, is one of my heroes. I have one of his many profound quotes at the bottom of my about page. Mark Bittman recently spent an afternoon chatting and eating with him, and wrote a beautiful article about the day.
5. Trying to lose weight? This study finds that eating less and exercising more is more effective than diet products. Makes sense to me.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012