I love living downtown, you never know what you’re going to come across. I biked home from work late Friday night (or early Saturday morning, as it were) and saw that someone had hoisted a couch up onto the edge of a cemetery wall in my neighbourhood, and there were people sitting on it drinking wine. The couch is still there, and I think it looks pretty cool. I wonder how long it’ll stay for?
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. Obesity doesn’t always mean unfit. Totally true. We need to change our perceptions on what it means to be ‘fit’ and healthy.
2. Hungry monkeys are not living longer. This is a big deal, because it shows totally opposite results from a prior studies suggesting that extreme calorie restriction leads to increased lifespan.
3. This Scandinavian study shows a link between drinking artificially sweetened beverages and pre-term births.
4. How about a little controversy? This article suggests there is no evidence a gluten free diet is beneficial for the general population.
5. It’s harvest time! This is a great piece by Mark Bittman celebrating the farmers.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012