We’re not getting sunsets in my neighbourhood anymore, but there are still some pretty spectacular sunsets happening where I work. I caught this one on Thursday evening – just happened to glance up and notice the pink sky and dashed outside to grab a picture of it. The photo doesn’t at all do it justice.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. It was Nobel Prize week here in Stockholm This study says that if you eat chocolate you’re more likely to win a Nobel Prize. Yes!
2. Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) has just launched its new drink-less-soda initiative The Real Bears Video. This eight minute video is hard hitting, to say the least. What do you think after watching it?
3. This article from Scientific American entitled Human Ancestors Were Nearly All Vegetarians is a lengthy but very interesting read. The title may mislead you into thinking that the article is pro vegetarian or anti paleo diet, but, after reading it, I thought it was neither of those things. I particularly enjoyed what the author had to say about the ancestors of our gut bacteria, and about farts. It’s a good read.
4. The domino theory, redux: Mark Bittman on the soda industry.
5. Jennifer Weiner on The F Word. What do we teach our kids about size and tolerance?
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012