Hi from Amsterdam! I love this city, it’s definitely one of my favourite places to visit. We’ve hopped over for the weekend so Paul can participate in a wee (42km) run. I’ll be dashing around the course handing him water bottles and gels. Hoping for a fast day!
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. Flu season is upon us. Here are a list of foods to help boost your immunity.
2. Here is a new study linking red meat consumption to bladder cancer. Yikes!
3. What does your dream food labelling system look like? Mark Bittman has come up with something pretty neat. I especially like adding a ranking for ‘foodness’ and the heath ranking considering the land, farmer, and consumer.
4. How do restaurant chefs avoid the temptation of abundant, rich food? Smaller portions, healthy snacks, and more.
5. How clean is your cutting board? Your kitchen sink? Your hands? Seven essential food safety tips.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012