The sun doesn’t make it around far enough to get a sunset from our neighbourhood anymore, but there are still some pretty killer sunsets from where I work. I took this photo on Friday afternoon, 3:30pm. We’re racing towards darkness here; by the end of the month the sun will be setting in the 2’s. Winter is coming.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. This is an important list of food safety tips for those who have been affected by hurricane Sandy. If you lost power and aren’t sure what to keep and what to toss, please give this a read.
2. An intelligent take on raw food diets. Sure, many foods are most nutritious in their raw forms, but what about those nutrients that become more bioavailable when they’ve been cooked?
3. Listen up, boys, Harvard scientists just released a study linking high intake of full fat dairy products to lower quality semen.
4. Did you know November 2nd was Vitamin D day? Are you getting enough?
5. Although I disagree with what they say here about carving pumpkins not being good for eating (I ate a good portion of mine last night in pumpkin gnocchi!) there is some great info here on the nutrition benefits of eating pumpkin.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012