You guys! Muffin Myth swag! Did you know this existed? In addition to the cookbook I’m going to send one of you I’m going to throw in a Muffin Myth tea towel. Details are at the end of Thursday’s post. Also, I’m going to send another tea towel to a MM Facebook fan. Details are posted on the MM Facebook page.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured,please email me.
1. My friend Lindsay sent me this super interesting article about how carbs were key in wolves’ evolution to dogs. Amazing the impact our diet may have had on the evolution of another species.
2. Check out this video made in response to Coca Cola’s anti-obesity ad.
3. Remember the quinoa article I posted a few weeks back? I was sent this article which poses some interesting counter arguments (thanks Leanne!). What to believe?
4. Do you take fish oil supplements to boost your omega fatty acids? According to this recent study, excessive omega fatty acids may make inflammation and heart health worse, not better.
5. Have you heard all the fuss about Pepsico’s announcement that they will be removing brominated vegetable oils from their sports drinks (Gatorade) after a teenaged girl’s online petition? I’ve read several articles on the issue, and I think this is an interesting spin on it.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2013