This shot was from our hotel during the final moments in Palma last weekend. It’s taken me a full week to feel recovered from that trip, both in sleep and in clean eating. No regrets, though. It was a great time. I’m totally missing the warmth. And the light.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. When I first started my ‘sitting job’ I felt like I stopped breathing. Seriously, it freaked me out. Now I know why – Just Breathe: building the case for email apnea.
2. I’ve been doing a lot of research on sleep for a project I’m working on right now. Just like nutrition, sleep is a really poorly understood science. New research suggests that sleep ‘cleans’ the brains of toxins.
3. This study coming out of Oxford University says that women with big butts are smarter and healthier. Phew!
4. You may have come face to face with a lot of candy in the last week. Don’t stress about it. This lady wants to de-stigmatize candy. I’m totally with her.
5. Why can’t we just swap bad fats for good fats in our food system?
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2013